Bankruptcy is a fresh financial start. It is designed to help those who are in debt and possess no means to repay the debt. The Bankruptcy Code states that a person is entitled to start over financially as long as they have not been dishonest in getting into debt.
Georgia Bankruptcy & Debt Relief Attorneys
Bankruptcy will wipe out all of your unsecured debt and Chapter 7 debtors typically keep all of their property. People get in over their heads financially for many reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Loss of employment
- Cut in hours or pay
- Medical bills
- other unpredictable circumstances.
Most people would avoid bankruptcy if they could. But, like many things in life, sometimes bankruptcy just cannot be avoided. While it is not easy to make the decision to file bankruptcy, you will survive. Over one million Americans survive bankruptcy every year.
HOW DO I FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY?
- Contact our office and make an appointment.
- Bring a list of your creditors, with amounts owed and addresses.
- If you are self-employed, call our office beforehand to discuss whether additional information may be necessary.
- We will complete and file your petition.
- You and your creditors will receive notice of your creditor meeting date.
- One of our firm’s representatives will attend your creditor meeting with you.
- You and your creditors will receive notice that your debts have been discharged.
Bankruptcy can be complex and our expertise works to our clients’ advantage. The office is staffed with trained professionals and handles Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases, as well as creditor issues. Free in-office consultations are available.